Fastrack2Windows Server 2003: (Part 1) Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Days: 5
- Course Code: MS2273
- Bookings: Please ring 08450 50 45 05
include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=6138" ?>
This official Microsoft course combines five days of instructor-led training with additional e-Learning content to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 environment.
This is the first course in the Systems Administrator and Systems Engineer tracks for Windows Server 2003 and serves as the entry point for other courses in the Windows Server 2003 curriculum.
This five-day instructor-led course forms part of the Fastrack2Windows 2003 MCSE programme. By combining Microsoft Official Curriculum with a focused and accelerated delivery, an individual can gain a deep understanding of Windows 2003 technologies in the shortest possible time. With a quicker pace of delivery, these courses are designed for individuals with existing Windows experience who need to achieve MCSE level skills.
Microsoft-Certification recommends this course as complete offering rather than the following Microsoft courses:
- Course 2274: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Course 2275: Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Before attending this course, students must have:
- CompTIA A+ certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
- CompTIA Network+ certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Leads to examination
- 70–290 - Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Leads to certification
Delegates will learn how to
- Create and manage groups.
- Create and populate organizational units with user and computer accounts.
- Manage access to resources.
- Implement printing.
- Manage printing.
- Manage access to objects in organizational units.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Prepare to administer server resources.
- Configure a server to monitor system performance.
- Manage device drivers by configuring device driver signing and restoring a device driver.
- Maintain software by using Microsoft Software Update Services.
- Manage the user and computer environment by using Group Policy.
- Audit accounts and resources.
- Monitor system performance.
- Manage data storage.
- Manage disaster recovery.
- Manage hard disks.
- Manage user and computer accounts.
Part 1: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Module 1: Introduction to Administering Accounts and Resources
Module 2: Managing User and Computer Accounts
Module 3: Managing Groups
Module 4: Managing Access to Resources
Module 5: Implementing Printing
Module 6: Managing Printing
Module 7: Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
Module 8: Implementing Group Policy
Module 9: Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy
Module 10: Introduction to Security in Windows Server 2003
Part 2: Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Module 1: Preparing to Administer a Server
Module 2: Preparing to Monitor Server Performance
Module 3: Monitoring Server Performance
Module 4: Maintaining Device Drivers
Module 5: Managing Disks
Module 6: Managing Data Storage
Module 7: Managing Disaster Recovery
Recommended follow on courses