Deploying Windows Vista Business Desktops
- Days: 2
- Course Code: MS5105
- Course Dates: Please ring 08450 50 45 05
include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=23728" ?>
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change, as this course is still in development.
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully deploy Microsoft Windows Vista business desktops throughout their organization. Students are introduced to the deployment life cycle, which consists of planning for the deployment, building and customizing the deployment method, and then implementing the actual deployment. Students are introduced to the tools and guidance to be used throughout various stages of the deployment life cycle.
This course is intended for IT Professionals, Desktop Configuration Administrators, and technical decision makers with the skills to successfully plan and deploy desktop operating systems, provision desktop computers, and deploy service packs and updates to computer systems. The intended audience is also involved in setting the strategic direction for the desktop operating system and applications.
Before attending this course, students must have : Experience deploying, managing, and supporting Windows client systems, familiarity with standard client and application deployment methods such as Group Policy, disk imaging, and Systems Management Server (SMS) and familiarity with the Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) Solution Accelerator.
Important: This learning product will be most useful to people who are already working in the job role of a Desktop Configuration Administrator and who intend to use their new skills and knowledge on the job immediately after training.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the challenges, techniques, and processes that take place throughout the Windows Vista desktop deployment life-cycle.
- Analyze, evaluate, and deploy solutions to address application compatibility issues.
- Capture and restore user state information during a workstation deployment.
- Customize and create a computer image based upon Windows Vista.
- Deploy a Windows Vista image using Lite Touch or Zero Touch.
- Secure a Windows Vista desktop by using Windows Vista technology.
Module 1: Preparing to Deploy Windows Vista Business Desktops
- Overview of the Windows Vista Business Desktop Deployment Process
- Tools and Technologies Used in the Desktop Deployment Lifecycle
- Process and Team Guidance Using Business Desktop Deployment 2007
Module 2: Application Compatibility Remediation
- Overview of Application Compatibility
- Introduction to the Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- Lab: Evaluating Application Compatibility Using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit
Module 3: User State Migration
- Overview of the User State Migration Task
- Introduction to the User State Migration Tool 3.0
- Lab: Migrating User Information by Using the User State Migration Tool
Module 4: Computer Imaging Technologies for Windows Vista
- Overview of Windows Vista Installation Architecture
- Windows Vista Imaging Components
- Lab: Customizing and Imaging a Windows Vista Business Desktop
Module 5: Deploying Vista by Using Lite Touch and Zero Touch
- Overview of Lite Touch and Zero Touch Deployment Methods
- Deploying a Lite Touch Scenario by Using BDD 2007
- Lab: Performing a Lite Touch Upgrade by Using BDD 2007
Module 6: Securing a Windows Vista Desktop
- Overview of Desktop Security
- Securing a Windows Vista Desktop
- Lab: Securing a Windows Vista Desktop