First Look: Microsoft Windows Vista for Developers
- Days: 1
- Course Code: MS3087
- Bookings: Please ring 08450 50 45 05
include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=24252" ?>
This one-day instructor-led clinic and hands-on lab introduces students to high-level information and facilitated discovery on the Microsoft Windows Vista platform, thereby maintaining and enhancing their productivity and driving them to further study and adoption of Windows Vista as their preferred application development platform.
This clinic is intended for developers of applications for the Microsoft Windows platform. Familiarity with Microsoft .NET development is a plus.
Some experience developing on the Windows platform
Some .NET development experience.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the Windows Vista user interface and how the new user interface will affect developers.
- Describe the characteristics of Windows Vista applications.
- Create applications that use Windows Sidebar and Gadgets.
- Describe how to test application compatibility and migrate applications to Windows Vista.
- Describe what User Account Control is and how to develop applications that are User Account Control compatible.
- Describe the .NET Framework 3.0 features.
- Create simple applications that use Windows Communication Foundation.
- Create simple applications that use Windows Workflow Foundation.
- Describe how to manage digital identities with CardSpace.
- Describe the Windows Presentation Foundation features.
- Describe some of new API features available in Windows Vista.
Session 1: Introduction to Windows Vista Application Development
The session provides an overview of the major goals and benefits related to developing applications for Windows Vista. The session focuses on the new features available in Windows Vista and on an overview of the application compatibility issues for deploying existing applications that might not be Windows Vista compatible in a corporate environment.
Session 2: Introduction to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Technologies
The session provides an overview of the .NET Framework 3.0 programming model. After explaining the basic concepts of .NET Framework 3.0, the session describes how to develop applications using Windows Communication Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation as well as how to use CardSpace.
Session 3: Introducing Windows Presentation Foundation
The session provides an overview of how the Windows Presentation Foundation provides the foundation for building applications and high fidelity experiences in Windows Vista, blending together application user interfaces (UIs), documents, and media content.
Session 4: Introducing the Windows Vista APIs
The session provides an overview of the new Windows Vista APIs and demonstrates how to use the new APIs to develop applications for the RSS platform and to query the Windows search engine.
Hands-on Lab: Developing Applications for Windows Vista
The hands-on lab provides students an opportunity to work with developing applications for Windows Vista in a hands-on environment. This lab focuses on new application development features in Windows Vista.